Today my fader suffered a stroke (no pun intended,) but it became paralyzed on the left channel whilst in the midst of a live broadcast.
This now has me realizing the importance of a DJ safety box. Here are a list of items every DJ should have:
1) A backup of your playlist, email the file to yourself so that way you always have access to it.
2) Backup drives; one for your laptop already configured with OS,applications and media content so that you are always ready to go and two externals with your libraries backed up.
2) Headphones, I don't really use em at home but on the road on unfamiliar setups they sure come in handy.
3)Flash light yeah this is a must for rigging or trouble shooting in the dark.
4)Jewelers screw set for faders n laptops when have to performe surgery on the go.
5) Cables what ever you use double up.
6) Extra fader, time code media just in case. Trust me this came in handy last weekend cause my new time code CD's could not be read by the pioneers at the club lucky for me I keep the old ones around always.
If you feel I have left anything then feel free to leave you response.